Today on Offshore Technology International
The energy sector is no place for a crisis
What should energy companies look for in a workplace recovery package?
Latest Articles On The Site:
Well 29/10b-8 lies within the Company's Greater Stella Area in the UK sector of the Central North Sea.
Ithaca Energy Inc. (LON:IAE) announces that operations at the Hurricane appraisal well, 29/10b-8, which lies within the Company's Greater Stella Area in the UK sector of the Central North Sea, are now proceeding to a Drill Stem Test ("DST").
The well has been drilled to a total measured depth of 10,779 feet to appraise hydrocarbon bearing sands in the eastern lobe of the Hurricane structural closure and logs indicate that the well has encountered hydrocarbons (possibly liquid rich gas) in both the Rogaland and Andrew sands.
Pressure and fluid sampling has been undertaken across both reservoir sand intervals. An initial DST will be conducted over the Andrew sand interval.
A further update will be issued when the DST results from the Andrew formation become available.
The Joint Venture partners in the Ithaca operated Block 29/10b (Hurricane) are Ithaca Energy (UK) Ltd (54.66%), Dyas UK Ltd (25.34%) and Petrofac Energy Developments UK Limited (20%).
Offshore Technology International vol:1 2013
Latest on Offshore Technology International
- Petrobras awards Technip a flexible pipe supply contract
- Total SA finalizes acquisition of Bokhtar PSC Area interest in Tajikistan
- Statoil ASA makes another oil find offshore Newfoundland
- UK renewable generation offers significant opportunities for investors
- Royal Dutch Shell plc may have used sabotage claims to avoid Nigeria oil spills blame
- Aker Solutions delivers Åsgard template to Statoil ASA
- Max Petroleum plc provides SAGW-4 appraisal well update
- Lamprell plc shares move up as it streamlines its lenders in new refinancing agreement
- Offshore hydrocarbon releases reach record low – but number of major releases rise
- Tullow Oil plc receives judgment in its favour in proceedings against Heritage Oil plc
- Chevron Corporation confirms first cargo from Angola LNG
- Energy saving measures could boost house prices
- £1.3m boost for three clean energy entrepreneurs
- BG Group plc awards £110m North Sea contract extension to Amec plc
- Review of UK offshore oil and gas recovery