Today on Offshore Technology International
The energy sector is no place for a crisis
What should energy companies look for in a workplace recovery package?
Latest Articles On The Site:
The well has been plugged and abandoned after encountering oil shows in the Middle Dua sands.
Premier Oil plc (LON:PMO) has announced that the Chim Sao North West appraisal well, CS-3X, in Vietnam Block 12W has been plugged and abandoned after encountering oil shows in the Middle Dua sands. The well reached a total depth of 4,235 metres.
The appraisal well was drilled to determine whether the Chim Sao North West discovery extended into a separate fault segment to the north.
The well targeted the Upper and Middle Dua sands. While 135 metres of sandstone reservoir were penetrated in the Upper Dua interval there was no indication of hydrocarbons.
In the Middle Dua interval 165 metres of sands were drilled, but only oil shows were encountered.
The CS-N17XP well, which was completed immediately prior to the appraisal well, was drilled to produce from the North West extension to the Chim Sao Field.
That well was brought on-stream earlier this month with initial extended production test rates averaging 4,000 barrels of oil per day from four Upper Dua reservoirs.
Simon Lockett, Chief Executive Officer, commented: "The information gained from the appraisal well will now be integrated with Premier’s existing knowledge to better understand the potential in the other untested areas adjacent to the Chim Sao discovery."
Offshore Technology International vol:1 2013
Latest on Offshore Technology International
- Aker Solutions delivers Åsgard template to Statoil ASA
- Max Petroleum plc provides SAGW-4 appraisal well update
- Lamprell plc shares move up as it streamlines its lenders in new refinancing agreement
- Offshore hydrocarbon releases reach record low – but number of major releases rise
- Tullow Oil plc receives judgment in its favour in proceedings against Heritage Oil plc
- Chevron Corporation confirms first cargo from Angola LNG
- Energy saving measures could boost house prices
- £1.3m boost for three clean energy entrepreneurs
- BG Group plc awards £110m North Sea contract extension to Amec plc
- Review of UK offshore oil and gas recovery
- CNOOC Limited and Eykon Energy to jointly explore the Arctic for oil
- The energy sector is no place for a crisis
- New NASA technology improves safety on offshore platforms
- Scottish government refuses planning consent for major wind farm
- M-I SWACO introduces new dual-deck shale shaker