Today on Offshore Technology International
The energy sector is no place for a crisis
What should energy companies look for in a workplace recovery package?
Latest Articles On The Site:
Tesoro Corporation buys BP's Carson Refinery and ARCO Retail Network in US Southwest.
BP plc (NYSE:BP) announced today it has reached agreement to sell its Carson, California refinery and related logistics and marketing assets in the region to Tesoro Corporation (NYSE:TSO) for $2.5 billion in cash (including the estimated value of hydrocarbon inventories and subject to post-closing adjustments) as part of a previously announced plan to reshape BP's US fuels business.
Subject to regulatory and other approvals, Tesoro will acquire the 266,000 barrel per day refinery near Los Angeles as well as the associated logistics network of pipelines and storage terminals and the ARCO-branded retail marketing network in Southern California, Arizona and Nevada.
The sale also includes BP's interests in associated cogeneration and coke calcining operations. The closing is expected to happen before mid-2013.
BP will sell the ARCO retail brand rights and exclusively license those rights from Tesoro for Northern California, Oregon and Washington and continue to produce transportation fuels at its Cherry Point, Washington refinery.
BP will also retain ownership of the ampm convenience store brand and franchise it to Tesoro for use in the Southwest.
In February 2011 BP announced plans to refocus its refining and marketing business on its northern US refineries and find buyers for Carson and the Texas City Refinery in Texas.
Today's announcement brings the total value of the divestments that BP has agreed since the beginning of 2010 to $26.5 billion. This is part of the previously announced programme to divest $38 billion of assets by the end of 2013.
Offshore Technology International vol:1 2013
Latest on Offshore Technology International
- Petrobras awards Technip a flexible pipe supply contract
- Total SA finalizes acquisition of Bokhtar PSC Area interest in Tajikistan
- Statoil ASA makes another oil find offshore Newfoundland
- UK renewable generation offers significant opportunities for investors
- Royal Dutch Shell plc may have used sabotage claims to avoid Nigeria oil spills blame
- Aker Solutions delivers Åsgard template to Statoil ASA
- Max Petroleum plc provides SAGW-4 appraisal well update
- Lamprell plc shares move up as it streamlines its lenders in new refinancing agreement
- Offshore hydrocarbon releases reach record low – but number of major releases rise
- Tullow Oil plc receives judgment in its favour in proceedings against Heritage Oil plc
- Chevron Corporation confirms first cargo from Angola LNG
- Energy saving measures could boost house prices
- £1.3m boost for three clean energy entrepreneurs
- BG Group plc awards £110m North Sea contract extension to Amec plc
- Review of UK offshore oil and gas recovery