Today on Offshore Technology International
The energy sector is no place for a crisis
What should energy companies look for in a workplace recovery package?
Latest Articles On The Site:
Ulterra designs and manufactures polycrystalline diamond compact drill bits used in the construction of oil and gas wells.
ESCO Corporation today announced that it has entered into a definitive purchase agreement to acquire all of the outstanding equity interests of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P. for approximately $325 million in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments.
Ulterra designs and manufactures polycrystalline diamond compact drill bits used in the construction of oil and gas wells. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, Ulterra employs approximately 400 people and has manufacturing operations in Fort Worth and Leduc, Alberta, Canada.
Ulterra will operate as a separate division of ESCO Corporation focused on oil and gas consumables.
Cal Collins, CEO and President of ESCO Corporation, says: "This acquisition allows ESCO to leverage Ulterra’s deep expertise in the drilling industry and to capitalize on the growing oil and gas sector in North America."
The acquisition is expected to close on or around 31 August 2012 upon satisfaction of customary closing conditions. The transaction has received early termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.
Wells Fargo Securities served as ESCO’s financial advisor and Baker Botts acted as ESCO’s legal advisor for the transaction.
Offshore Technology International vol:1 2013
Latest on Offshore Technology International
- Petrobras awards Technip a flexible pipe supply contract
- Total SA finalizes acquisition of Bokhtar PSC Area interest in Tajikistan
- Statoil ASA makes another oil find offshore Newfoundland
- UK renewable generation offers significant opportunities for investors
- Royal Dutch Shell plc may have used sabotage claims to avoid Nigeria oil spills blame
- Aker Solutions delivers Åsgard template to Statoil ASA
- Max Petroleum plc provides SAGW-4 appraisal well update
- Lamprell plc shares move up as it streamlines its lenders in new refinancing agreement
- Offshore hydrocarbon releases reach record low – but number of major releases rise
- Tullow Oil plc receives judgment in its favour in proceedings against Heritage Oil plc
- Chevron Corporation confirms first cargo from Angola LNG
- Energy saving measures could boost house prices
- £1.3m boost for three clean energy entrepreneurs
- BG Group plc awards £110m North Sea contract extension to Amec plc
- Review of UK offshore oil and gas recovery