- Published on Thursday, 04 April 2013 11:19
- Written by Roberta Murray
They are to jointly explore and develop the Carboniferous unconventional gas potential in the Wschowa, Gora, and Rawicz Concessions in Poland.
San Leon Energy plc (LON:SLE) and Halliburton Company Germany GmBH Sp. Z.o.o. (NYSE:HAL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to develop a strategic relationship to jointly explore and develop the Carboniferous unconventional gas potential in San Leon’s Wschowa, Gora, and Rawicz Concessions in Poland.
San Leon will continue to serve as operator and manage the operations on the Concessions. All activities covered under this relationship will be limited to the Carboniferous and deeper sections. The shallower Permian Rotliegendes and Main Dolomite sections are excluded from this relationship.
Under the MOU, it is anticipated that Halliburton will perform and fund a Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test (DFIT) for the Siciny-2 well in Q2 2013.
Upon completion of the DFIT, Halliburton will have the option to perform and fund a minimum two-stage vertical hydraulic fracture in the Siciny-2 well with San Leon paying 50 per cent of the wholesale proppant (fracturing fluid) cost to Halliburton. This procedure is also planned for Q2 2013.
San Leon will fund other third party costs on the well-site, such as security and waste disposal, in connection with the DFIT and fracture.
Subject to the execution of a further binding agreement, completion of the DFIT and hydraulic fracturing phase shall give Halliburton the option to earn up to a 25 per cent working interest in the Carboniferous and deeper sections within the Concessions by fully funding two vertical exploration wells, including full technical evaluation with core, DFIT, and vertical hydraulic fracturing if technically warranted.
Halliburton will have 120 days following the hydraulic fracture on the Siciny-2 well to elect to drill the first exploration well to earn a 12.5 per cent interest; and 120 days following the hydraulic fracture on the first earning well to elect to drill the second earning well to earn an additional 12.5 per cent interest, making a total of 25 per cent.
Based upon the initial results of the Siciny-2 well drilled by San Leon in 2012, which encountered over 250m of gas saturated tight gas sands with over 200 BFC of gas per square mile, and vintage data, the Company estimates the net Prospect Resource potential of the Carboniferous play on its concession in Poland to be over 60 TCF of recoverable gas.
Offshore Technology International Vol:2 2013
Latest on Offshore Technology International
- Salamander Energy plc posts operational update on West Kerendan-1 and Sungai Lahei
- Premier Oil plc shares down as it withdraws from Block L10A offshore Kenya
- Max Petroleum Plc announces successful appraisal well at Sagiz West
- Kibo Mining plc re-takes full ownership of Tanzanian nickel scheme
- Woodside Petroleum Limited awarded exploration permits in New Zealand
- Onshore oil and gas industry welcomes new fiscal regime
- Drax Group plc shares surge 59p as Government sets subsidy renewable energy project prices
- Exillon Energy plc's second largest shareholder to possibly make takeover offer
- Water UK and UKOOG aim to minimise impact of shale gas development on UK water resources
- New UK wind energy record
- Rio Tinto plc reveals plans to pay down debt and boost returns to shareholders
- Offshore oil and gas: Driving private equity investment
- BP plc expects a surge in Deepwater Horizon compensation claims
- Xcite Energy Limited sinks in early morning trade as talks with farm-out partners continue
- Rio Tinto plc shares gain after announcement of iron ore output increase